Saturday, August 16, 2008

She's Really a Size 11! (Or maybe a passable 10)

Ok, I'll admit. I'm addicted to Multiply. I like posting pictures, blogging and surfing around my contacts' sites to see if they have anything new. One thing that I discovered are Multiply sellers that post their items and as you order, you can pay via bank deposit then the items will be delivered to you. I just find this so convenient and with the higher gas prices, I don't have to spend much to go "malling".

Sometimes though, in as much as I know the size of my girls, there are times that you cannot get them right. Once a bought Katrisse a pair of leather shoes and some dresses, intending for her birthday, but when they were delivered, the shoes were just right, almost making her toes curl inside. It was a good thing that the distributor was also multiply seller (in my contact list!) and I was able to arrange for an exchange to a bigger size (actually, their biggest size!)

Katrisse in her exchanged shoes
Photobucket Photobucket

Although most of them do not do meet-ups to check the actual sizes and items, there is one seller whose warehouse is in Alabang. Perfect for me as it's just a short drive away and I really like the things that they're selling - affordable clothes for the girls (branded items), some toys and other kid-related stuff. I'm glad that they allowed me to go to the warehouse as I am able to actually see and even fit the item/s, if needed.

My first (and I hope not the last) time there, I brought my two girls some shirts and a skirt for Elissa and a dress for Katrisse. While fitting, I saw this pair of sandals that were really super cute! I wanted them for Elissa. She already needs a new pair of sandals as the ones that fit her are already 1) overused and 2) almost tight.

Elissa in a size 8 shirt
Photobucket Photobucket

And size 10 sneakers
Photobucket


I asked for the biggest size, a size 11 that normally fit 4 or 5 year olds. As sometimes expected, but I was initially hopeful, it was tight :( Elissa's feet are "matambok" (can't think of a better English term... feet entrance are too high?) so not all shoe styles fit her. Sometimes, one cannot believe that a two-and-a-half year old would have feet that big (or her size for that matter) but I guess, with her genes and a healthy appetite, I am not surprised. I'm just glad that she's a super active kid and that whatever she has been eating, gets burned up somehow.

Elissa's new outfit, bought from the multiply sellers - George size 7 shirt; size 8 red cheerleader skirt; size 11 Gap shoes (a little big because its wide but fits anyway)
Photobucket


The problem with with this "convenience shopping" is that I just might end up buying so much, so soon! Of course, my justification is that the girls are growing up so fast and they need something to wear! :) And I'm not breaking the bank --- yet! ;)




No comments: