Saturday, August 16, 2008

She's Really a Size 11! (Or maybe a passable 10)

Ok, I'll admit. I'm addicted to Multiply. I like posting pictures, blogging and surfing around my contacts' sites to see if they have anything new. One thing that I discovered are Multiply sellers that post their items and as you order, you can pay via bank deposit then the items will be delivered to you. I just find this so convenient and with the higher gas prices, I don't have to spend much to go "malling".

Sometimes though, in as much as I know the size of my girls, there are times that you cannot get them right. Once a bought Katrisse a pair of leather shoes and some dresses, intending for her birthday, but when they were delivered, the shoes were just right, almost making her toes curl inside. It was a good thing that the distributor was also multiply seller (in my contact list!) and I was able to arrange for an exchange to a bigger size (actually, their biggest size!)

Katrisse in her exchanged shoes
Photobucket Photobucket

Although most of them do not do meet-ups to check the actual sizes and items, there is one seller whose warehouse is in Alabang. Perfect for me as it's just a short drive away and I really like the things that they're selling - affordable clothes for the girls (branded items), some toys and other kid-related stuff. I'm glad that they allowed me to go to the warehouse as I am able to actually see and even fit the item/s, if needed.

My first (and I hope not the last) time there, I bought my two girls some shirts and a skirt for Elissa and a dress for Katrisse. While fitting, I saw this pair of sandals that were really super cute! I wanted them for Elissa. She already needs a new pair of sandals as the ones that fit her are already 1) overused and 2) almost tight.

Elissa in a size 8 shirt
Photobucket Photobucket

And size 10 sneakers
Photobucket


I asked for the biggest size, a size 11 that normally fit 4 or 5 year olds. As sometimes expected, but I was initially hopeful, it was tight :( Elissa's feet are "matambok" (can't think of a better English term... feet entrance are too high?) so not all shoe styles fit her. Sometimes, one cannot believe that a two-and-a-half year old would have feet that big (or her size for that matter) but I guess, with her genes and a healthy appetite, I am not surprised. I'm just glad that she's a super active kid and that whatever she has been eating, gets burned up somehow.

Elissa's new outfit, bought from the multiply sellers - George size 7 shirt; size 8 red cheerleader skirt; size 11 Gap shoes (a little big because it's wide but fits anyway)
Photobucket


The problem with with this "convenience shopping" is that I just might end up buying so much, so soon! Of course, my justification is that the girls are growing up so fast and they need something to wear! :) And I'm not breaking the bank --- yet! ;)




4 comments:

Yssa Fider said...

OMG. <3

ONY VELASQUEZ said...

Truly very different personalities! But no doubt so cute and loveable. For sure, Elisa is Daddy's carbon copy at that age (taba taba at so cute!) and Katrisse has the modelling body structure! I love her very oval face and she is so so so feminine!
Yeah I would love to have fun with them wherever! Philippines or Boston!

Karla Fider-Santos said...

When are you going to Boston, Tita Ony? Sabay tayo! :)

ONY VELASQUEZ said...

Not yet booked. i was already looking for flights to coincide with Arvin but Tito sim had those dizziness and vomitting without diarrhea so I had to take him to his Doctor and had the proper check up. He is okay not I am the one not feeling 100% perhaps going down with the flu.sure but because of these photos I really want to see all the apos too and have fun. I think I will be down with those late winter blues. But I truly want to see you all. Maybe the cheapest way is the round the world deal?