Thursday, November 3, 2011

Storage for my Girls' Kikay Stuff

Having three girls/toddlers also means having more than two hands full of clips, headbands, ponytail holders and whatever thing that can hold, curl, tie, hold back and style their hair. And we're not yet talking about sunnies, earrings, bracelets, etc., yet! I posted in my groups of newlyweds and moms, asking for suggestions on how to store these things, especially headbands. I'm so glad I got a few ideas here and there, and thought how it would work best with how I organize things.

There was the idea to stack headbands by looking for a cylindrical container, jazz it up and have the bands be on top of the other. I liked that but I feared that it would still be messy if it were standing up. Plus the cylindrical containers I thought of were oatmeal and Planters--oatmeal is good but I'd need at least two or three of them and thats a lot of oatmeal. Having that much Planters too would mean too much junk food!

Then the husby and I went to Greenbelt yesterday and I just had to go to the Japanese Home Center where everything was either PhP88, 66 or 99. I saw some baskets that I knew could hold headbands. What I didn't expect was that they were a little too big. Anyway, I didn't want to waste the baskets, so I thought of tying a ribbon (thats all I had at home) taut, to make sure that if I hang the hairbands, it will not droop.




Since I was already in the mood to fix things, I decided to fix the clips as well. I had existing baskets with bigger divisions and bought a few more from Japan Home. Gathering the ideas I got, I had this gift/decor ribbon, an extra from the ribbons I used for our wedding game almost seven years ago. Most of the ideas from the net used grossgrain and although I love grossgrain ribbon, I just decided to use this purple-wired ribbon. I just clipped all the clips, organized them into clips, small clamps and even smaller clips.




The inspiration I got from was that the clipped ribbons were to be bounded on a canvass board then hung. I preferred everything in boxes so I just rolled them and put inside one of the dividers in the baskets.




All (actually not all as I still have to search for others as I'm sure there are a lot more lying around the house!) the clips, clamps and other headbands in baskets....

They're stack-able too!Not perfect but it can do in small spaces :)



All together.. I need at least one more of the headband basket as the one on the extreme right is just a shoebox that I used for now...



Next up - all the toys! Wish me luck - that I dont get tempted to just throw everything away out of frustration! Hehehe :)




1 comment:

Mec said...

My SIL naman uses yung plastic makeup/medicine/tool box, with all those divided compartments. So, the bigger ribbons and what not go into the main box... the big clips dun sa 2nd tier... and the rubber bands and small clips dun sa top tier :D

Hubs is like... "isa lang naman ulo ng inaanak ko ah, ba't kailangan nya ng isang box ng ipit?"